- Many other personality profile tools focus on what people have in common, by grouping into categories.
- We prefer that Clifton Strengths allows for the complexity of individuals, focusing on what's right about us. It has been well researched and stands the test of time.
WHAT IS CLIFTONSTRENGTHS®?
- CliftonStrengths® (formerly StrengthsFinder 2.0®) is an online assessment tool that measures your natural patterns ofthinking, feeling and behaving, into an ordered list of 34 talent themes.
- The beauty of this tool is that it gives you a language to describe how you work best.
- Decades of research into talents and success have shown that the talents most related to potential for success can be grouped into 34 themes.
- The tool was created by Donald Clifton who is considered by some as the grandfather of Positive Psychology.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TOP 5 AND 34?
- Top 5 gives you access to your Signature Themes (the first 5 of your 34) an excellent starting point as you seek to discover your greatest potential to thrive.
- All 34 allows you to discover how grow and shape your dominant themes and also build understanding and awareness of how your non-patterns (often labelled as areas of weakness) can be managed so you can work from your talents.
WHAT IF I HAVE COMPLETE THE ASSESSMENT PREVIOUSLY?
- You can access your assessment by logging into the Gallup StrengthsCentre website using the email that you initially registered with. If you have forgotten your password, you can access the help to reset it.
SHOULD I DO THE ASSESSMENT AGAIN?
- According to the research, the assessment is most effective the first time you complete it, as the questions are all new to you. However if you have been through any significant life events, or feel compelled to take the assessment again while answering from your most natural way of being, then you may get a report that you feel accurately describes your themes. Research demonstrates a strong correlation on retest.
WHAT ABOUT OTHER STRENGTHS ASSESSMENTS?
- There are several alternate 'strengths' based assessments and questionnaires that are commonly used. However we feel that the language and design of the CliftonStrengths assessment is best suited to describing the common talents that make up a theme. This allows our clients to understand how their themes interact to build a picture of their unique strengths.
WHAT IS POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY?
- Positive Psychology is a scientific approach to studying human thoughts, feelings, and behaviour with a focus on strengths instead of weakness, building the good in life instead of repairing the bad, and taking the lives of average people up to “great” instead of focusing solely on moving those who are struggling up to “normal” (Peterson, 2008).
- The movement towards studying human potential from what works well (rather than dysfunction) can be traced back to at least the 1940's and 50's with Clifton, Maslow and Rogers (among others), however the first positive psychology summit took place in 1999 and gained momentum when Martin Seligman chose it as the theme for his term as president of the American Psychological Association. (Wikipedia 2018)
WHO IS STRENGTHS NETWORK SOUTH PACIFIC (SNSP)?
- Strengths Network South Pacific (SNSP) is a NZ based not-for-profit organisation providing training, accreditation and support to a network of coaches trained in CliftonStrengths® throughout the South Pacific.